/**/
1/26/2014

Missed Me, Ha, ha, ha ha, ha


Friday, I thought I was going to pass away from a terminal case of poops.  I thought for sure I was headed for the first case of flu, for me, since 1963.

Gradually, as the day went along, I realized that other symptoms of flu weren't materializing.  I slept fitfully for most of the day, interrupted, of course, by visits to the porcelain palace.  Then my son brought home some saltine crackers and ginger ale.  I ate some crackers (9pm) and drank some of the ginger ale and those were the first things I'd eaten since 6am that morning.

I laid down and went to sleep a short time later and slept, uninterrupted, all through the night.

Yesterday morning I awoke refreshed and well.  Mother Nature missed.  She didn't hit me with the flu, after all.  She got me with a little side job - a simple case of having eaten something unfriendly.

In February,1963, three days home from boot camp in San Diego, I was hit with a flu that had me flat on my back for 17 days.  I thought I was going to die - but I didn't.  I have never had the flu since.

I've had a cold, now and then.  Rarely, in fact.  And no flu.  Whatever it was that hit me so hard back in 1963 left me with an amazing immune system.

I'm not sure it's the smartest thing in the world to pick my head up and laugh in Mother Nature's face, but hey, I'm not the smartest thing in the world, anyway.

Ndinombethe, ubuntu.

0 comments: