/**/
5/14/2013

Take me back. Way back.


Last night, while doing a little cleanup in the living room, I watched a movie called "Yankee Doodle Dandy", starring James Cagney.  It was, and is, one of my all time favorite movies.

I got that feeling again.

I can't really describe it - anymore than I could describe what Love feels like.  But it's as real as Love and as welcome as Love and it comes to me rarely.

Sometimes I see things, or hear things, or smell things, that cause me to go back, in my head and heart and chest, to when I was a little boy.  I FEEL things in me that I felt then.  Things, it seems, I felt all the time when I was young.  Things, it seems, I stopped feeling, somewhere along the way.  Except sometimes, now, I feel those things again.

Last night it was Cagney singing "I'm A Yankee Doodle Dandy".  I felt it - I felt like I did when I was a kid and he sang that song.

I wish I could describe what it feels like.  I wish I could keep that feeling going forever.  I guess I'm just a big kid at heart and this is how Mother Nature chooses to remind me of that fact.  I think it's how she tells me I don't have to grow up if I don't want to.

And I don't.

Ndinombethe.

0 comments: