/**/
3/03/2012

LTYM, Photo365, Day 62


My new lens came yesterday. Thank goodness for insurance. I didn't realize how MUCH I like the Canon, EF-S 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS lens until I didn't have it to use. My f1.8 50mm lens is sharp as a tack, and the 55-250mm f4.5-5.6 is a good lens, too - but the 18-135 covers 90% of my normal shooting situations.

I have been selected as a member of the cast in the Listen To Your Mother show that will be performed on May 6th, in the evening, in a theater that hasn't been firmed up yet. I have no idea how much tickets will be - although I'm given to understand that if they get the theater they want, there will be only about 300 seats available for the show.

I am tickled pink. I told LM (Love Muffin) I wanted to wear a pink tuxedo for the show, but the threat of divorce soon ran that notion out of mind. Besides, I don't think I really want to upstage anyone, and this large body in a pink ANYTHING would be a serious upstaging of the rest of the cast. No pink.

I wrote a piece about my Mom and the time she stood up for me - taught me about speaking out when there's something to defend. I'm hoping that my voice rounds into shape, soon. I need to practice how I'm going to say my piece - I need to KNOW how I'm going to say my piece.


Ndinombethe.

Today I'm posting two for one - because I must. The LTYM - Chicago, is in the hands of

This Wild Woman



And THIS Wild Woman.



We're in good hands.


Post a link to YOUR photo in the Blog Hop below:

3 comments:

Tara R. said...

Congratulations! If not pink, maybe a baby blue tux? With a ruffled shirt? No matter the attire, you will bring the house down.

Big Mark 243 said...

I remember that post... it reminded me of a few of the times my Mom stared down people and stood tall in the saddle...

...super great and NO... you did NOT want to upstage the other players by wearing a pink tuxedo..! Anywho, break a leg and if there is a tape of the performance, get it..!

PattiKen said...

Oh,yeah, definitely no pink. And in my opinion, no tux (unless they require it). Somehow, a tux doesn't fit with the story. I see the country tweedy look.