/**/
1/17/2008

Thursday night update

It used to be 'Thursday Night Fights' when I was a kid. My dad was a big fan. There were 'Friday Night Fights', too. And wrasslin'. Dick The Bruiser. Gorgeous George. Haystacks Calhoun. That's when wrasslin' was REAL. Wasn't it?

Anyway, nowadays it's Thursday Night Updates, or Friday or any day of the week, actually, that I manage to get downstairs to paint. Tonight there is an update to the painting and it is, as always, here. Please feel free to make any comments you wish, either here in this blog or on NewAtArt. There have been some significant changes to some elements of the painting. I am finally starting to find a voice as a painter. A whisper, perhaps, at this point, but it's MY whisper. And I'm finding it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mum used to talk about Gorgeous George. And when my brother and I would play fight we would scream Mario Milano!!! Not that I have ANY idea who he is either!

Anonymous said...

Really glad to hear you're finally starting to find your voice as a painter...

PS - the road looks great!