/**/
9/16/2008

The Great Bloggy Bling Orgy - Day 2

I am so rotten tired. C. Edison decided to cut power to the plant with virtually no warning and, naturally, given the changes we made over the weekend, we were not well postured to endure a power outage. It is 10 past 12 in the morning and I am just now home and putting today's post together. So forgive any typos, 'K? Because I can barely see straight. But I have Bruce Cockburn singing "All The Diamonds in the World" in my ears and I am relaxing now - for the first time today. So, let us start, shall we?

First of all, today we are giving away this:



There are normally rules associated with these - but I will give you but two rules:

(1)Give this to people whose blogs mean something special to you - or give it to the blogs whose persons mean something special to you. (2) Leave a comment on their blog so they know they got it. You get to pick the number of times you give it.

In no particular order:

Tiff of My Three Ring Circus. She has to be one of the bravest and strongest women I have seen out here. She has seven great kids, one of which touched the lives of almost every one of you, recently.

Veronica of Someday We Will Sleep, although Amy does reduce the possibility. And with a second child due in a few months, she is going to have yet fuller hands. A truly amazing young woman. She instigated the Internet Petition for Ivy that got the job done.

Michael of The Continuing Adventures of a Jedi Master. An Englishman and hard worker, raising his son and doing his best to overcome some strong difficulties. I admire his courage.

Shadow of 1 Door Away From heaven part II. A woman of South Africa who writes some of the MOST incredible poetry. She, also, possesses special strength and courage which I admire greatly.

Vikki of The Red Chair Gallery. She invented the Past Lives meme, and has been an inspirational and encouraging friend. She is an AMAZING artist, has done so many things in the past that you would probably recognize, and continues to astound with her Art. She is dear to my heart.

Mike of Ayewonder. He's a retired gentleman who can't think of anything better to do than contemplate going back to work. He lives in a paradise with a BEAUTIFUL wife and he often speaks of her between his 'political' pearls of wisdom - which I try to ignore. I love it, however, when he gets real and leaves the politics behind. But he is sharp.

Maggie of Maggie's Mind. A brilliant woman who has lived in the Far East, been a runaway, come home the prodigal, and has just completed the most incredible Haiku, detailing a good portion of her life, that you will ever want to read. She's quitting smoking.

Janet of The Planet of Janet. She details her life with her kids with such verve and panache you cannot help but love her. Don't tell anybody, but she is my personal Irma Bombeck, God rest her soul. Irma's, not Janet's. She has a while to go yet.

Kelley of Magneto Bold Too!. An Australian woman with balls of brass. Her son, Boo, keeps things interesting for her and she LOVES her some killer shoes.

Zoeyjane of Mommy is Moody. No bullshit. Straight off the top and tells it like it is. Amazing courage and intensity in a remarkable young woman.

And in closing ...

Lying here, next to you,
in darkness deep,
But wide awake love,
and unable to sleep,
I think of all,
that we've just done,
the agony ... the ecstasy,
the torment ... the fun,
and I realize why,
I can't sleep yet.
I haven't had
my
cigarette.


Obviously created in a day when I used to smoke. These days, sans cigarettes, I just nuzzle the most comfortable spot I can find and slowly, slowly, drift ... off ... to ... s l e e p .

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, thanks Lou. You're a sweetie, you know that?

Theresa said...

You are a great source for new stuff to read!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Amy does rather reduce the possibility of me ever sleeping again. Goodness know she isn't any better!

Thankyou so much.

Shadow said...

okay, that poem had me going, till the end!!! a cigarette??? a CIGARETTE??? okay, i'd probably also get lyrical about a cigarette if i decided to stop smoking... that was soooooo uplifting, thank you! i'm finding a lots of giggles in blogland today, and i'm loving it.

and with that it's over to a BIG hug and a BIG kiss and a BIG thank you!!! you're my blogland hero today for making my day special!!!

what??? can't you hear me???? (muttering to myself now) good grief... he's sleeping... all that for nothing, hmmmmmmm

but seriously now, thank you from the bottom of my heart... (thinking to myself) i wonder if he'll somehow remember all this when he wakes up...) okay, enough, bibi for now.

Michael said...

Hey thanks man!
I have never had my humble blog recognised before for a award, hey I am glad you enjoy my aimless twaddle its good to know I entertain someone out there in this huge world.
no you havent fallen asleep again, hey your blog is great too I am glad you are with us, see you tommorow

Ndinombethe said...

Will be back to visit your picks. I'm scared to find too many more blogs that I love. I get lost out there in the netherworld and forget about bills and work. Grrr!

You work too hard!

Hope today's a better one.

Jennifer said...

Hey! Lou!!

It's me... i'm here, visiting YOU!! and also here to leave you a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG comment... that doesn't always make much sense, but is rambly (is that even a word??) lo and all from the heart!!

I LOVE the poem!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it. :) And i'm glad you stopped smoking!! it's going to give you a lot more nights like you described here. :)

hope all is well with you! :) glad to you see you are sharing the LOVE... bloggy-style. lol :) Enjoy your orgies.:)

xoxoxoxo all the best.

www.ayewonder.com said...

Geez Lou, thank you very much. I honored.

You try to ignore my politics huh? Well, you will be ignoring me a lot over the next 50 days then as I talk about the single most important issue, electing a new president, in our lifetime.

Joyce-Anne said...

You work too hard. I know when there's a job to be done, people like you (and my hubby) who have a strong work ethic, get sucked in and do the job. Not for nothing, but I sense a mental health day is in order for you--very soon.

PS Yesterday, Suzanne visited your blog at my suggestion. I've known her over 20 years, she's a good egg.

the planet of janet said...

thank you, lou ... from the bottom of my heart.

xoxoxo

Christy said...

When did you write this?

Were you with Annie?

I'm intrigued......what part of the sex was agony?

Torment,I can guess....

Shadow said...

hey! had to do it, it's true. oh yeah, you can't read minds, i forgot, but check out my post.

MommyTime said...

Bahahaha that poem is very funny. I hope power is restored properly and things are righting themselves for you today.

Unknown said...

Congrats to all the winners! So many great blogs... so little time.

Agony? I'm intrigued.

Vikki North said...

Hi Lou,
Thank you so much. In reference to your little poem, I see the subtle influences of ‘Henry Gibson’ in the ending. To funny.

Get some rest sweet man. Thanks again.
Vikki

Anonymous said...

Aw, really? For me? An award from Lou with such words is extra special because you have serious talent. I'm flattered to be part of the orgy (something I don't have reason say often enough maybe).

Also loved your poem at the end and can very much relate to that exact feeling. Hope you slept well even if you had to sleep quickly.

And, thank you, again, really.

OHmommy said...

What a group list of bloggers many of whom I can't get enough. Nice job!

Us4 Cats said...

Hi there!

I found your blog via another and so forth.

As a former cig. smoer I get your poem, lol.

Nice blog.

Chow.

ConverseMomma said...

You have definitely given me some new blog to hop on over to. Zoey is one of my favorites too.

Eve Grey said...

I will definitely check out these blogs!

Jientje said...

You made me hungry!!!
I'm such a sweet tooth!

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww, thanks Lou. Big smootches to you!

Zoeyjane said...

I came here not 20 minutes after you posted, and comments weren't available. Then I got distracted yesterday and I don't even think I opened my feed reader. All of these excuses are to say mainly that I am the suck and thank you so much.