/**/
1/20/2015

Diarist



When I first started blogging, my intention was to chronicle my efforts and progress as an artist.  Soon after, however, the reason and purpose was no longer so exact.  Nablopomo of 2007 took care of that.  Blogging every day for month will make a narrow focus quite broad, in a hurry.

That said, January 1st of 2008 broadened the focus even farther, for on that date I committed to blogging every day for a year.  I did it for more than 4 years, and in that time I fell into habits and the blog assumed a bit of structure.  Certain things happened on certain days.  And the structure became habit and habit ruled the blog for a long time.

It's been something of a trial getting the habit back - getting back into the structure.  Posts are late from time to time and the true "habit" has avoided me.

Perhaps it's because there is so much on my mind.  I am now "retired" - I am looking for work for me and my company, but I am unemployed and it's a bit scary.

There's a lot on my mind.  So if it seems to you that things are a bit scattered here, from time to time, it probably is.

Patience.  Please.


Ndinombethe.  Ubuntu.

3 comments:

Tara R. said...

Even when you are self-proclaimed scattered, you seem more settled than me on any given day. You'll get back into a comfortable routine, until then, be gentle with yourself.

PattiKen said...

What Tara said.

Big Mark 243 said...

...I'd like to think that I understand... change is hard when it is from out of the blue... you have held it together far better than most...

...I, for one, am simply glad that you are still around...

Mark