/**/
8/12/2014

Moving On, One Bed At a Time


Every weekday morning my alarm goes off at 4:45.  Unless, of course, I'm on vacation.  Then it goes off at 6.  I'm not the kind of person, it seems, who can luxuriate in a bed for any length of time beyond what's required for sleep.

Today could have been different.  Today, I could have stayed.

Yesterday, the stars aligned and I was able to retrieve my mattress and box springs from the store, bring them home, and set them up on my second hand Ikea bed frame.

Last night, I slept in that bed.  MY bed.  My NEW bed.  I was actually IN bed by 9:30pm - WAY early for me, but I couldn't wait.

It was very, very nice.  Comfy.  Warm.  And mine.

I had been told, by others, that jersey sheets were soft and stuff - but they were "warm".  Too warm for many, I guess.  But not for me.  They were perfect.

I have a fitted sheet, and a top sheet, and matching jersey pillow cases (dark blue) and two blankets - one is a thin quilted thing, and the top one is a nice, thick duvet.

Perfect.

I slept like a King.

You may now address me as "Your Highness".


Ndinombethe.  Ubuntu.

2 comments:

Shadow said...

Your Highness, I am so glad to hear your OWN bed has given you pleasure. Many sweet dreams on it!

Tara R. said...

I hope you have sweet dreams on your new bed too.