/**/
8/11/2014

Monday Meanders



The CUBS avoided a sweep by The Rays by winning their Sunday game in extra innings.  Rizzo looks like he may be coming out of the rough patch he's been going through - his single won the game.  Javier Baez, if nothing else, seems to have energized the team.

Not a lot of meandering to do, today.  I wish I could settle into a routine - but with Grannie in hostpital, Annie gone (through Divorce), the Great Bed Fiasco*, and a whole bunch of other little things, it seems like establishing a "routine" is going to be very difficult for a while.

*You don't know about the Great Bed Fiasco, do you?  Well, the long and short of it is simple - weekend before last I bought a mattress and box spring set at Bedding Experts, and last Saturday I took apart the Sleep Number Bed and made it available for Annie to take.  Then I came home and put MY bed together, went to Ikea and got slats to go on the bedframe and then called the store to tell them I was coming to pick up my mattress set - only to be told it won't be in until Monday (today).  So.  I got out my queen size blow up mattress, put some batteries in the built-in pump, and pumped up the mattress, put on the jersey sheet I just bought at Meijer's, laid down on the bed to test it out and promply felt the mattress let me slowly down onto the slats.  It won't hold air.  Phooey.

I slept the last two nights on the couch in the living room - not the most comfortable sleeping there is, I can tell you.

This is the point where I was going to express my need for a woman, but to do so might make some feel as though there were baser instincts at work.  And there ARE.  But my real motivation is the ability of a companion to help me focus, stay on task, and order my existence.  Left to my own devices, I am scattered and easily distracted.  ADD - on steriods.

Ndinombethe.  Ubuntu.

3 comments:

PattiKen said...

Lists! You need lists!

Shadow said...

ADD becomes fun after while, creates various an amusing anecdote to tell one day, ask me, I know... *grin* You'll get the hang of it, my faith is in you.

Maggie Moo said...

If there ever was a time, my friend, to revel in the fact that you don't NEED a routine, it's now. No one is going to yell at you if you have dinner at 10pm...and if it's ice cream. No one will yell at you if you shower at night instead of during the day (though why would they?) or if you leave your dirty socks on the floor.

Live it up! Love it! Because some day you're going to have to conform, ehem, compromise, again and while it'll bring other great rewards, it won't be ice cream for dinner while sitting in a pile of your dirty socks.

(Ew) But also Yay!