/**/
8/07/2014

100 Word Challenge - Tale



What follows is offered in response to Velvet Verbosity's 100 Word Challenge. The challenge, this week, is "Tale".

100 Word Challenge

Grandpa


The twins sat on the floor next to his big comfy chair, dressed in warm pajamas, big blue eyes looking up at him from freckled faces under curly mops of flaming red hair, pleading.

"Tell us, Grandpa.  Please?  Tell us about the war?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"But why not, Grampy?"  Jerry always called him "Grampy", except, of course, when he called him "Grumpy".

"Yeah, Grandpa.  Why not?"  Mikey gleefully echoed his brother.

"It's been a while since I've told that tale, and I forget."

"But we LOVE the story."

"You don't understand.  I WANT to forget."


Ndinombethe.  Ubuntu.

2 comments:

Shadow said...

...want to forget. Yeah, my father was of that opinion too, he didn't want to talk about the war either...

Tara R. said...

Yep. Some memories need to be let go.