/**/
3/25/2014

Where to go, What to do, Who to see



I have three weeks of vacation time to take this year, and since there is no LM(Love Muffin) to share my life with, right now, it's a bit of a puzzle.  Where am I going to go ... alone?  What am I going to do ... alone?  Who might I go to visit ... alone?

I'm not used to being alone.  My sons are all too big - wrapped up in their own lives, now.  They don't need Dad to provide their entertainment any longer.

I could go see my friends in Rhode Island - but that probably doesn't want to happen until the Fall.

I could drive down to Indianapolis and maybe meet up with some people - but that's only a day - or two, at the most.

I could go to Massachusetts and visit with friends there.   And, of course, that would mean a day at King Richards Faire, in Carver, MA.  Because I know someone there.

Entertainment venues are out.  I suppose I could just wander the country with my camera and some sketch pads, taking pictures and drawing stuff.

Maybe I could drive out to Denver and see Ash, and Jenny and several other people I've come to know over time, that live out that way.

Wherever I go, whatever I do, I have to be with people.  I mean, how do you vacation alone?


Ndinombethe, ubuntu.

6 comments:

kelley @ magnetoboldtoo said...

do all of them.

xx

Tara R. said...

What Kelley said... or go back to Trinidad and Tobago. A little tropical sunshine would be good for you.

Lisa said...

What do you MEAN you don't know what to do b/c there's no LM? That means you don't have to compromise AT ALL and you get to do EVERYTHING you want and go ANYWHERE. :) Traveling with a companion is usually more fun, yes, but I've traveled alone before and had the best time ever! I took a cruise alone one. It was a little lonely at first, but then I met tons of people I wouldn't have otherwise met. It was great. I say go somewhere she would have hated to go...just b/c. :)

Nan Sheppard said...

There's a fairly comfy sofa bed here with your name on it :)

Nan Sheppard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs4444 said...

BlogHer is in San Jose this year...