/**/
3/24/2014

Monday Meanders



A friend of a friend died late last week.  He wasn't anyone I'd ever met, but he flew treetop level in a biplane and I have seen the video and he is one of those people I would like to have known.  But more than that - way more than that - he was my friend's friend, and he was loved by her children - and any old man who takes the time to be loved by children not his own has to be a very special man.  I know he will be missed.

Lately, another friend and I have been taking a 1981 Honda CB750.  The idea is to provide parts for MY bike, and parts for sale - hopefully there's enough there to pay me back for the parts bike I bought.

It's beginning to look like March is going to go out like the Lion it was when it blew into town.  UGH.

I'm reading a book called "Delta of Venus" by Anais Nin.  I've always know who she was - a companion of Henry Miller, for one thing, the man who wrote "Tropic of Capricorn", a book joyously banned by many, many, many organizations.  Interesting book - for its time - and for now.

I have often quoted Anais Nin as a signature in emails I send - "I am the keeper of fragile things and I have kept of you what is indissolvable."

Ndinombethe, ubuntu.



0 comments: