/**/
2/04/2014

Throwback Tuesday


I know it's supposed to be "Throwback Thursday", but I couldn't help myself.  Besides, this is MY blog and I'm in charge here (most of the time), and If I want to throw it back on a Tuesday, then by golly ...

This piece was written (and published here) in 2009 for Velvet Verbosity's 100 Word Challenge. As it turns out, it was rather prophetic.


Kaleidoscope


I had a dream once
a place to go
a path to follow
foot set on the golden way
but it was shattered
like a broken stained glass window

broken hearts
broken loves
broken minds
broken dreams
children lost
and never recovered
the shattered life became
shards that cut deep
wounds were healed
with too much drink and
the salve of other lives
made just as miserable
they opened again
in the cold sober light of morning

but I have learned
in beautiful ways
when life shatters
into a thousand little pieces
pick it all up
And make a kaleidoscope.

Ndinombethe, ubuntu.

0 comments: