/**/
2/17/2014

Monday Meanders



John Henson, son of Jim Henson, died Friday of a Massive heart attack.  His character was "Sweetums", a big, shaggy, gruff looking character that was truly a sweetheart.  He was 48.  Like his father, he died too young.  R.I.P., John.

A mother in Mississippi gave birth to the rarest of the rare - identical quadruplets.  She did so without fertility drugs, which makes the birth even more amazing.  The 4 girls came early, but all are alive and doing well.

Not to brag, but I have 4 laptops: a 17" MacBook Pro (previous generation), a 17" HP Pavilion running Windows 7, and ancient Compaq running XP, and an even more ancient Dell running Linux.  There's also an HP desktop system running OpenSUSE Linux 13.1.  I wonder what having all of that says about me.

I used to have 22 active, running computers in my house.

That probably said more.

The Powerball jackpot is in excess of 400 million dollars.  Yes, I'll still love you all after I win.  Of course, I DO have to buy a ticket.

There were two skiers killed, over the weekend, in Colorado.  In an avalanche.  Two more to the tally.

Ndinombethe, ubuntu.



0 comments: