/**/
5/16/2013

100 Word Challenge - Age



What follows is offered in response to Velvet Verbosity's 100 Word Challenge. The challenge, this week, is "Age" - something I've accumulated a lot of.

100 Word Challenge 


Charles

The door bell rang and Alice slowly made her way across the parlor to answer the door.  As she opened it, she was surprised to find her husband standing there, flanked on either side by a young policeman.

"Is this man your husband?", asked one of them.

Alice gave him a long, slow look up and down.  "Yes, I believe he is.  What has he done now?"

"He was observed picking flowers at the Conservatory, Ma'am.  That's not allowed."

"Oh, Charles.  You KNOW that.  When are you going to start acting your age?"

"I", Charles said, all  twinkly eyed, "AM".

Ndinombethe.

5 comments:

Tara R. said...

I'm finally getting to the age where I can blame AGE for my misbehavior, and loving it.

Unknown said...

LOVE ..... IT!

Unknown said...

That's one of the nice things about getting older!

Jonathan R. said...

Hahahahahaha, perfect!

Velvet Verbosity said...

Heehee! I assume he was picking flowers for her. Love it.