/**/
11/06/2012

Election Day


Thank the Goddess!!!  It's election day and that means No. More. Political. Ads.   No more political discussions on FB.  We can get back to recipes, puppies, misbehaving kids and stupid school district policies.

As I write this it's actually Monday night.  There is no National Decision yet.  Voting doesn't start until tomorrow.  I'm afraid it won't happen tomorrow like we all expect.  I'm afraid that recounts and Provisional Ballots and all sorts of shenanigans will delay the decision.  I'm afraid it won't be honest.


~~~~~


I hope that shortly after the Election - I PRAY that shortly after the Election - I hear someone, anyone, in the media say that it is finally "politics as normal", instead of the hateful politics of race and partisanship.

Race?  Yes.  Race.  As exemplified by the following:

 Retired Army Col. Lawrence Wilkerson (General Colin Powell's former Chief of Staff) made the (following) comment in response to Mitt Romney campaign surrogate John Sununu's suggestion on (last) Thursday that Powell's endorsement of President Barack Obama's re-election was motivated by race: "My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people -- not all of them, but most of them -- who are still basing their positions on race. Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists, and the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander-in-chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin, and that's despicable."

The EXTREME partisanship that has existed for the last two years, since the takeover of the House in the by-elections of 2010, is based on those motives as well.

Uncomfortable?  Yes.  True?  In my opinion, yes.  And I think it's despicable.

Ndinombethe.  

1 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

I saw what the Light Colonel said and I am with both you and him. People are willing to cut off their own noses to spite President Obama, even as the policies favored by the opposition would harm them directly and down the line.

It is 1600 and I have not heard on stitch of news... I am aiming for a complete blackout..! Wake me when it's over..!