/**/
11/22/2012

100 Word Challenge - Remains of the Day



What follows is offered in response to Velvet Verbosity's 100 Word Challenge. The challenge, this week, is "Remains of the day".

Haiku Friday 

I run my fingers through your hair
to usher you off to blissful sleep
your eyes close, I hear you breathe
in measured cadence, long and deep.
I think of all the years long past
how much of your life, given to me,
I wonder how much I have left to give
how much life there is yet to be.
And I thank all that's holy
for the treasure that is you
for the life we lead
for the sons we grew
Our sunset coming
at least I can say
we will, together,
spend the remains of the day.


Ndinombethe.

Happy Thanksgiving, each and every, lovely, one of you.

4 comments:

barbara said...

lovely tribute to the life you and LM share.

Happy Thanksgiving to you both

Shadow said...

she's one lucky lady...

Big Mark 243 said...

This is truly a special piece, Sweet Lou... I hope that I had written a tribute like this in my lifetime...

Velvet Verbosity said...

Oh sheesh, there's that romantic side again! Lucky wife. :)