/**/
8/27/2012

Monday Meanders


LM(Love Muffin) is in Minnesota visiting one of her sisters.  Since shes been gone, I've lost 3 pounds.  I hope she comes home before I fade way to nothing.

The Great Family Room Reconstruction Project proceeds apace.  Unfortunately, "apace" is actually "slowly".  Of course, the project is the reason I'm losing weight.  I'm working it off.  Believe me, it's not that I'm not eating.  I don't miss many meals.

My #3 son has been doing yeoman work but it is now very clear he will never make a living with a hammer in his hand.  Keyboard, mouse and amazing processor, yes.  Hammer, no.  He's a computer nerd, like me.



Me and LM?  For years one of us would say "I love you", as people in love often do.  The other would say, "I love you more".  Over the years it's become a kind of shorthand as words were added to it, so now we text one another with "more" or "best" or "better" or "bestest".  Just that.  We know what we're saying - no one else does.

Except now you do, too.

Ndinombethe.




4 comments:

PurpleMoose said...

grands and I do the same thing as you and your LM. Love you more - love you more than that - impossible - :)

Big Mark 243 said...

Great picture! I am envious that you guys have your own shorthand to show how much you still love each other!! Perhaps me and my girl will have something similar to show our affection that we have for each other...

Grandmother Mary said...

Liked this! We have shorthand too: love you this much (with grand hand gestures) became even bigger and then became all the way behind my back and then became behind my back around the whole world! Well, you get the picture. Now the grands will say I love you all the way around the whole world. As do we. Some traditions are worth passing on.

Tara R. said...

Inside jokes with the SO are fun. The Mister and I have a few that even our kids don't know.

That is a wonderful photo of you and LM.