/**/
7/15/2012

Grannie's Birthday


Today was Grannie's birthday.  At 86 years of age, full of the aches and pains that come with many years of aches and pains, she is determined to live until the day AFTER the 21st of December.  All logic notwithstanding, she's convinced it's all going to Hell in a handbasket on the 21st. 

Anyway, we took her to a tavern in town and had a lovely lunch, and since everyone was over 21, there was some imbibing  of various witch's brews that went on.  Grannie had a Heineken's.  And a Bloody Mary.  And in the interests of total honesty, I had two pints of Black & Tan.  Lovely.

She's sleeping now.   She'll be 86 and a day tomorrow.

Ndinombethe.

4 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

I hope to celebrate just as an eventful and loving 86th birthday... so I guess I am showing my hand regarding how I view Dec. 21st!

PattiKen said...

Sounds like fun.

Unknown said...

My dear LceeL,

Granny sounds so wise and lovable and I am so happy that she enjoyed her birthday. It is always nice to celebrate the blessings and triumphs which come with one's age.

One of my grandma passed when she was 93. She seemed to never age, almost the same when she first came to Malaysia from China and she always brought great tales, full of joy and tears but always with wisdom.

Here is wishing Grannie a great year with many more wonderful ones to come.

hugs
shakira

Tara R. said...

I hope Grannie had a wonderful birthday.