/**/
7/01/2012

A good day


Tiger won today.  At Congressional, in Bethesda, Maryland.  He now has 74 wins, one more than Jack Nicklaus, and eight less than Slammin' Sammy Snead.  He is alone in second place - and he's only 36 years old.

The CUBS won today.  Over the Houston Astros.  3-0.  They swept the series with Houston, matching their longest winning streak of the year.  Rizzo drove in the winning run with an RBI single.  Not to be forgotten is the performance by Travis Wood, who threw 7.2 scoreless innings.

I won today.  I participate in a Fantasy Golf competition.  I won today - my team scored more points for this tournament (the one Tiger won) than any other team in my group of 25 teams, which means that I hold on to First Place in my group for the third straight week.  Heh.  Yes.  I'm bragging.

It was a good day, today.

Ndinombethe.

2 comments:

Grandmother Mary said...

Congrats to you but, alas, Italy lost in the the European Cup finals in soccer. They were brilliant against Germany in the semis but not so much against Spain.

Tara R. said...

Yay Cubs! You've waited a while for that win. Congrats on your fantasy golf win too.