/**/
4/26/2012

I'm so handy


Right this minute my scoot's drive train is in pieces - but I found the problem I could feel and I'll be able to say I fixed it - once I figure out the process of putting everything back together.

It's been a long time since I've had tools in my hands like that - done anything of similar intent.  I used to take automobiles apart, a long time ago, fix 'em and put 'em back together.  I was a good mechanic.  Of course, this was before the advent of computerized systems in cars - before the support systems got to be so many and so complex that there's barely any room under the hood.  I could tune a Mustang's 289 V8 by hand and ear.  I quit working on cars when I found it was necessary to jack up the engine to get the rear plugs out of a 'Vette.  I'd had enough.  But this is fun.  The systems are simple - little can go wrong and figuring out what HAS gone wrong is usually the result of a process of elimination.

This is fun - it feels good to have a wrench in my hand, again.  I'm going to enjoy having this scoot - and I won't have to pay a mechanic to keep it running.

Ndinombethe.

4 comments:

Tara R. said...

Hope scoot is back together and you're tooling around again soon.

My first car was a '67 Mustang 289.... awww, the memories. I wish I still had that car.

Big Mark 243 said...

Man... you a certainly a man of many talents... you are prolly a wiz to your children and the butter to your Muffin..!

Mrs4444 said...

Very cool! It's a great feeling to know how to repair your own stuff :)Glad you're having fun with that.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Cool beans, Lou.