/**/
3/05/2012

Monday Meanders 3-5-12, Photo365, Day 64


Cubs. Lost. But the offense looked good and the starter (Rodrigo Lopez) was unscored upon.

Sports concerns pale in comparison to the needs, wants and tragedies faced by those who have been involved with the tornadoes of the recent week. It's hard to believe it's been 22 years since we went through those same terrors here, in Plainfield. But we know. We understand. We pray for those who survived. And for those who didn't.

If you have a Kindle or Nook or other e-Reader, join Bookbub, com. I joined less than a week ago and I've downloaded 8 free books I WANTED from Amazon, through bookbub.

Speaking of books, I'm beginning to think women write some really good sex scenes. I think. I have to do a lot more research.

Rory McIlroy is world #1. It's fun to watch him piece his game together, just like Tiger did at his age - and is doing now, all over again. Rory has developed a remarkable short game, which was his weak spot. And now he putts like a madman. There aren't any holes in his game right now - if he stays healthy, he will have a long and profitable career. BUT. Tiger is on his way back. I get the feeling that soon we shall see just what advantage age and experience might have over youthful vigor. Anyway, it's going to be a fun time for golf.

The Towpath Bridge over the Du Page


It carries the I&M trail over the river.
It's a 56 mile bike ride
to the end of the trail.

Ndinombethe.



Post a link to YOUR photo in the Blog Hop below:

6 comments:

Jientje said...

Soon, very soon, these trees are going to have leaves again, and biking season will begin again! Counting the days ...

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your research!

Nan, at work.

Maggie Moo said...

Thanks for the tip about the book site-I just signed up!

Tara R. said...

More men should read Chick LIt… it's like a user manual.

PattiKen said...

When you first recommended BookBub on Facebook, FH (whom you know... someday I'll tell what those initials stand for) signed up. He'll downloaded several books that he really liked. He sends thanks.

I'm dying to know what's behind the women writers/sex scene observation...

maggie said...

Has it really been 22 years already? I will never forget that day. Such a tragedy. Then and anytime they strike.