/**/
1/30/2012

Monday Meanders 1-30-12, Photo365, Day 30


19 days 'til pitchers and catchers report - for most of us.

One of the things that's proving difficult, so far, is being able to take pictures every day - by the time I get home from work the light is gone. I wind up taking pictures on the weekends or other time I manage to steal, rather than doing what I REALLY want, which is to shoot every day and in doing so, learn.

I took shots, yesterday, of a round barn that will soon disappear, land and barn gone to the developers' concrete foundations and asphalt roadways. I took a series of shots that MAY last the week. It's comforting to know that Spring is coming - longer and warmer days, providing more and more opportunities for Photography - at least the type of Photography I want to portray.

Tiger only managed to come in third in the golf tournament he played in, in Dubai. The first thing that Grannie wanted to know is whether or not a third place finish would enhance his position in the World Golf Rankings. Grannie REALLY wants Tiger to get back to World #1. REALLY.

As far as Grannie is concerned, the best Thursdays are the ones where Tiger is playing.

I seem to be growing a serious travel hanker. Maybe we'll wind up putting a little REAL meander in one of these Monday Meanders.

Round Barn, #1



Ndinombethe.

Link to YOUR photo in the Blog Hop below:

5 comments:

Jientje said...

As the days grow longer, you'll have more time to play with your camera. I had to take my Big Guy to the store for repair, and I'm going to have to miss it three to four weeks! I bought myself a little baby camera on Friday, and I take it everywhere I go! I'm having tons of fun with it. We went out for a photo walk on Sunday and I took my other camera, ( the one I had with me in the States)
I'm going to have to use some of the pictures from that walk during the week as well.
I LOVE the picture you made of that round barn. It's so clear and crisp, and I LOVE the composition. Looking forward to see more of it!

Big Mark 243 said...

That is cool to be able to talk with your Mother about golf like that... me and my Mom would get all involved with our conversations and I can only imagine what she would have to say about Tiger now...

... speaking of a Tiger... there is something about Prince Fielder returning to Detroit that says, "I miss my father," to me... I wonder if I am close or I am just hoping that it means something more personal still can happen for me...

Tara R. said...

I'm going a little more far afield on my photo hikes too... just because I've taken so many photos at my usual places.

Nan Sheppard said...

Oooo, travel here! :)

Maggie Moo said...

I love the round barn!! How cool is that?!?!

And also, I wasn't going to buy baseball tickets this season due to the wedding...but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna. :)