/**/
9/20/2011

Spelling?


I saw an advertisment for "Happy Feet II", the forthcoming movie about those cute little animated penguins. At the end, it said "Coming in Novemburr".

NovemBURR. get it?

I'm sure you did. I sat there thinking to myself - "Now why have I never thought of that?"

Then, it could be Decemsnowballburr and Janushiverary and Februfrozenary.

I like descriptive names.

I once had a Cocker Spaniel named Lady. Lady was a girl dog. Descriptive name.

I'm rebuilding a 1964 Sears Spaceliner bicycle. I call the bike Captian Comfy. Descriptive name.

I have a blog named LouCeeL. I am commonly called Lou, my middle name begins with the letter C, and my last name begins with an L. A more or less descriptive name - the other choice was "OldFatWhiteManThatCan'tJump". Also a descriptive name but potentially offensive.

Of course there is an exception to every rule. My other bike is called Roscoe. He of the "No Nose" saddle. That is NOT a descriptive name, not even if your pet name for your protected body part is Roscoe. Mine is not.

Ndinombethe.

p.s. I just re-read this post. I think it's very Andy Rooney-ish for some reason.

5 comments:

Jientje said...

I love how your mind works!

Big Mark 243 said...

Sorta Wil Rogers-ish when I first read it, but Andy... I can accept that..!

Tara R. said...

I like the idea of Rogers better than Rooney.

Now I'll be trying to come up with alternative names for the coming months... Octoastyber?

Grandmother Mary said...

Wow, what it must be like to live inside your head!

PattiKen said...

It's the short declarative sentences, I think. Quirky commentary is another of your talents.