/**/
8/28/2011

It's (not) a Scwinn!!


Yesterday, LM (Love Muffin) and I went for a ride. It's been a long time since we've done that - just got in the car and took off with no particular destination in mind (other than to find a hot dog stand, somewhere) - so we just went West and hours later found ourselves at Carmel's house. Carmel is a childhood friend of LM's.

We sat around and BS'ed for a while and I happened to mention to Bones (Carmel's husband) that he should keep an eye open for a bicycle, should he happen across a garage sale in town. I told him I wanted a big old balloon tired bike, with a big saddle seat. (I'm sorry, but my butt can't tolerate those banana seats they put on bicycles. I might as well wear a thong.)

Bones said, "Come with me."

There, buried in the back of his garage, was an old (and I do mean old) Sears Spaceliner - a silver mostrosity that fit the bill - it even has suspension on the front fork!

He said, "Take it."

And I did.

Pictures to follow as soon as I get it all fixed up.

Ndinombethe.

5 comments:

PattiKen said...

Make sure those pictures actually feature you astride that bike, cruising along. That's an image I'm looking forward to... ;-)

P.S. Why is Carmel's husband called "Bones"? Orthopedic surgeon? Anthropologist? Skinny?

Grandmother Mary said...

I'd like to see the photos. I remember those.
Somehow this post is not showing on my list of followed blogs as an update, how come? And, what's a networked blog?

Tara R. said...

That is awesome! I have a chunky Trek off-road bike I'm trying to convince my husband needs new road/combo tires. I can't wait to see pix.

Big Mark 243 said...

Sounds like a chill bike... made for leisurely trips with LM... make sure you wear a helmet and you may as well get a bell too... little kids love it when you ring it as your ride past..!

Jientje said...

Looking forward to see the pictures as well!