/**/
3/01/2011

Tuesday's Summary of Recent Events


What I want to know is, why Chicago had to be next to Lake Michigan instead of the Atlantic Ocean somewhere between 26 and 27 degrees latitude. I mean, Chicago in the summer is as nice as Palm Beach is during the winter, but that's one season out of four. In any of the four seasons, in Palm Beach, there is a breeze off the ocean, so the seaside temperature is relatively constant - and bearable. And the only ice one has to deal with is in one's glass of Tanqueray 'n' Tonic.

Anyway.

LM (Love Muffin) and I spent the week, referenced yesterday, in beautiful North Palm Beach, Florida.

There was a lot of this in the mornings:



And a lot of this kind of thing during the day:



And in the evenings? That's where imagination comes in.

Ndinombethe.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had such a wonderful time. That weather is crazy lovely, isn't it?

Jientje said...

Look at the color of that beach! Ours is always gray :-(

Nan Sheppard said...

Deary me, Lou, you are NOT helping. It was looking like warming up here but HAHA! That was just a tease! Apparently spring doesn't happen magically in Drizzly Dorset on March 1st.

Grandmother Mary said...

Yes, winter in warm climates. I liked it, too. Nice pics.

Tara R. said...

I was glad that the weather cooperated during your stay, and you could enjoy some sun and warmth.

Big Mark 243 said...

I bet that is where the imagination comes in!! With the wishing for the weather to be portable, seems like the vacay did recharge you and LM and the aftergolw should carry you until y'all do it again..!

Holly said...

Florida has that effect on people. :)

Unknown said...

@Life with Kaishon: Yup. It is that. And it makes it hard to come back here to the frosty North.

Jientje: But your beaches will be better in the summer, no?

Nan: No. In Dorset, Spring doesn't spring so much as it creeps up on you.

Grandmother: I KNOW you do.

Tara_R: It was so, so warm. And here? It's so, so cold.

Big Mark 243: Recharged? Yes. But cold makes my battery run down. And now I'm cold again.