/**/
2/03/2011

100 Word Challenge - Honor



What follows is in response to the 100 Word Challenge, authored by she who deserves all accolades Velvet Verbosity. The word this week is "Honor".

100 Word Challenge


There's no such thing.

How can you say that? That's so cynical.

Look around you. Crime, corruption, greed and avarice are everywhere.

Not everywhere. Not everyone is that way.

Now you're being foolish. If that's what you believe, you're setting yourself up.

Setting myself up for what?

Betrayal, exploitation, high interest rates ... who knows?

Why are you being so cynical? This isn't you.

Yes. This IS me. This is me pissed. This is me tired of it all.

What ALL?

Politics, Wall Street, Credit Cards and the inertia of it all.

Inertia?

Inertia. No Change. No honor and no change.


Ninombethe.

7 comments:

Shadow said...

a lots of us feel this way, i believe. can't ignore the blatantly obvious anymore...

Aurora Lee said...

I can definitely related to this. Great j ob!

June B. Anderson said...

Good one. You've captured the cynical hearts of many. Hopefully, the hearts of the cynical can survive by riding on the hearts of the hopeful.

Tara R. said...

Cynicism is spreading, and you captured that frustration perfectly.

barbara said...

as above, so below
Well caught on the frustrations of many of us. Hang in there. I try to be hopeful - and hope you will join me.

Teresa Kander said...

Well said...have heard variations of this many times...even thought it myself once or twice.

Velvet Verbosity said...

I'm fed up with the very same things, and not sure at all why we're putting up with it.

Still, I don't get cynical. I know too many good people. :)