/**/
1/09/2011

An intense couple of days



As you know if you read me regularly (or even occasionally - I suppose it's some kind of hubris to assume I have regular readers), I post for during the evening for the next day. I schedule my posts (usually) to appear at 12:01AM the next day. It's habit now - so strongly ingrained, now, that once I miss the Midnight deadline, I feel all out of sorts when I DO post for that day. I know. It's stupid. But that's just the way I roll.

Anyway, Grannie has had an intense couple of days. Having been on the Rehab Floor at the hospital less than 24 hours before she was moved back to a Medical Room due to constant nausea after eating, we have been very worried about her health, overall, and the setback in recovery from her hip replacement. Finally, today, the issue was diagnosed and resolved. A Schatzki's Ring in her esophagus.

It's taken care of, now. And she can eat, now. If we could just do something about my nerves, now.

It never ceases to amaze me - how many things can go wring with the human body.

Anyway - you'll forgive my distractions, please? I am exhausted. And a bit tipsy. And I can't write Sarah when I'm tipsy.

Salud!!

Ndinombethe.

7 comments:

PattiKen said...

Oh, poor Grannie. And poor you. I've never heard of a Schatzki's Ring. I'll look it up. -- Looked and wow, that looks painful. Do they know how she developed it? - I'm glad that they've taken care of it, and she's able to eat and contiue her recovery now.

Tara R. said...

After all that with Grannie, it's perfectly understandable that you'd be off your schedule.

Take care of her, take care of yourself.

Nevine Sultan said...

Lou, when true life calls, we have to answer. Glad to hear Grannie's issue has been resolved. And now, you... relax. We all need some down time or else we crumble. Trust me, I know. :-)

Nevine

Big Mark 243 said...

Ditto Nevine. Get your rest and your strength back. Take care.

Loraine said...

Intelligent design... making everything in the human body go wrong at any given time for any or no good reason! I'm glad she's doing better.

Kim - Mommycosm said...

I consider myself a regular reader :)

But...I've been away and am just catching up. Sorry to hear about Grannie's setback. Hang in there...you are all in my thoughts.

septembermom said...

So sorry to hear of Grannie's health troubles. I'll pray for both of you.