/**/
10/26/2010

The Tarot thing revisited ...

This coming Thursday evening I'm going to read 'The Cards' for an unidentified person. The results of that reading will be published on Friday. It will follow the "Linky Thing" for Haiku Friday. Both things will be in the same post - because I don't post more than once a day - and this coming Friday is purposed to two different things - Haiku and Tarot.

Tarot is a funny thing. Funny as in unusual. For one thing, it is not recommended that a 'reader' read for a person more then once every couple of weeks. The future is a nebulous thing to begin with - its shape and structure is very dependent on decisions made now and in the very near future.. If decisions differ from the anticipation, then the shape of the future must necessarily change. Because there are so very many variables in a person's day to day existence, the future can change drastically in a matter of days. This is why readings need to be spread apart - things need time to settle and clarify.

I use a Rider-Waite deck. Although I have a Marseilles Deck, as well, I almost invariably use the Rider. The Rider deck is full of symbolism in the artwork that speaks to me - it is because of the Hebrew character 'Yod' that I feel so strongly connected to the Rider deck. Yod is found in several of the cards. Once I first saw the character, I instinctively recognized it as something that has special meaning for me - although I still don't completely understand what or why.

I just feel that connection.

And it's that connection that I use to read the cards.

Ndinombethe.

7 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

Looking forward to both your haiku and your reading. I think that I do have the ability to recognize 'patterns' in life and its energy... perhaps in a future time I will talk about that.

Will defintely be back here on Friday.

Grandmother Mary said...

Are you looking for a volunteer to read for? I'm one if you are. Your deck sounds fascinating. And it's astounding how many things you're good at!

Sage Ravenwood said...

Can't wait. Friday promises to be a day of delights. (Hugs)Indigo

Miss Ash said...

My BFF often posts about what she's read, which helps me to know my own cards better.
http://www.thesmilingspirit.com.

Also, I have a number of decks, but my Rider-Waite is the most clear read for me.

Jientje said...

You made me very curious. I'm looking forward to this reading.

Expat No. 3699 said...

I didn't know you read Tarot cards, very interesting. Maybe you can do me (TWSS) sometime.

CaraBee said...

I am very much looking forward to your reading.

Is it Friday yet?