/**/
2/04/2010

100 Word Challenge - Darkness

What follows is in response to the 100 Word Challenge authored by the moonlit Velvet Verbosity. The word for this challenge is "Darkness".

100 Word Challenge


Darkness


"Madeleine. What did you see?"
Sean had seen her jump back in horror, hand to her mouth, and then she had fainted. Now, she had awakened, but was still struck dumb by whatever it was she had seen.
"Madeleine, please. Speak to me. What did you see?"
She was a seer, a psychic, a person who saw auras in others. She was kind and sensitive, and a true Empath. Sean had never seen her act like this before. The crowd around them started to move away.
She pointed at the man in the crowd, who stood, staring.
"I saw Darkness."

Ndimonbethe.

13 comments:

That One said...

Chilling. Me likes!

moneythoughts said...

I thought she was going to say Dirksen. Well, I can't be right every time.

Jientje said...

I love how you can paint with only so few words.

Tara R. said...

OOhh.. that made me look over my shoulder. Excellent and spooky.

PattiKen said...

Wonderfully eerie. You must be channeling Stephen King.

Unknown said...

Wow--- sounds like so many people I know. = )

Anonymous said...

Very spooky and much too intriguing for my liking.
I wish I could read on. Damn the 100 word limit!

Big Mark 243 said...

I am with Clohe. I'd like to read more from that point... and see what brought them to it as well.

psychicgeek said...

I've seen that darkness and it's fucking scary. Well done.

Joyce-Anne said...

This was chilling and scary.

Unknown said...

Tuli: Thank you, Tuli.

Moneythoughts: Hello. Fred.

Jientje: Thank you, Jientje.

Tara R: Thank you, Tara.

PattiKen: Dean Koontz.

Hyphen Mama: Darkness in Denver?

Chloe: Maybe .. we'll see.

Big Mark 243: Like I said, we'll see. It may have to wait for a while, but I like this idea - I may run with it.

Psychicgeek: Thank you, ma'am.

Unknown said...

Joyce-Anne: Ain't it? I like it.

Velvet Verbosity said...

EEEP!