/**/
12/06/2009

More Sunday Snaps with Jientje

When we got to the botanical Gardens - it was cold. And cloudy. Not a day when colors were going to stand out - and of course, in November, in Chicago, there aren't going to be a lot of floral colors outdoors anyway. But, diehards, you know?


At least she was dressed for the occasion. It gets cold and wet in Belgium, just like here, so she did dress properly.

And she helped a late Rose pose for me - almost wilted, as it was.


There's this amazing sculpture in the Gardens - it's got to be 10 feet tall - it's HUGE. I've never seen it before and I don't know anything about it - yet. But I will.


And, of course - the obligatory cactus.


I know, I know. I said Sarah was going to take only half the weekend off. But, as it turns out, the story hasn't clarified itself to me, yet, and I'm at an early but critical juncture in the story. I need to get it right - I need to make sure it all makes sense. So, until it does ...

Ndinombethe.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the rose is so beautiful! I didn't notice that it was melting until you mentioned it!

Grandmother Mary said...

I love the subtle fall colors in the first photo and the sculpture is awesome!

SECRET AGENT MAMA said...

LOVElove!

moneythoughts said...

Nice shots Lou. I enjoy seeing it all.

Nan Sheppard said...

That sculpture could seriously spook someone at night...

Heather said...

I think that sculpture is STUNNING.

Nice shots, Lou!
:)

Moonrayvenne said...

I just adore the pics that you took with Jientje's camera. Isn't it amazing what you find when you're looking through a camera lens?

Loraine said...

Great pics. Take your time with Sarah- she's worth the wait!

Unknown said...

Life with Kaishon: Thank you, ma'am.

Grandmother: That sculpture is just amazing.

Mishelle Lane: Thank you, Mishi.

Moneythoughts: Thank you, Fred.

Nan: That's why the gardens are closed at night.

Heather: Thank you, Heather.

Collette: I like her cameras - they make certain kinds of shots so easy to visualize and take.

Loraine: Thank you, Loraine. I will do right by her - I promise.

Jientje said...

I can't believe I forgot to comment on this one, shame on me!
Not much color in the garden and it was cold indeed, but still I think it was worth it. That rose had a wonderful fragrance and that statue was just gorgeous. I regret I did not take more time and make more pictures of it, but it was so cold and we did not get another chance to go back to it after we warmed up a little inside. It's a good thing there were so many warm greenhouses full of cacti, exotic flowers and succulents to photograph. All in all, the botanical garden in Chicago is a wonderful memory for me.

And I'm glad you had fun with my camera too. Thanks for the tour, it was great.