/**/
5/09/2009

For Emily

I'm really late with this one. It's after 1am and I've just gotten home from going to see 'Star Trek' with #2 Son and his wife, Bitsy. What a good movie. It ain't 'Hamlet' - it's just rollicking good fun. Well done and really, really fun to watch. Go see it.

Now.

Emily at Randomability published some pictures from her family library which include a shot of her grandfather seated at the controls of a Stearman. I thought I would reflect that photograph in my post, today. I've published the first shot in an earlier post, but the second and third shots have not been published here before.

This one has a name. It's ....
FLY AWAY

 


And here she is, taking off.

 


And here she is, at her home hanger.

 


She's a pretty bird, ain't she?

Oh, and by the way - Happy MOTHER'S DAY.

Ndinombethe.

13 comments:

Nan Sheppard said...

Huh. I better not let Sean see this, or he'll be turning up on your doorstep with his headset and toolkit.

Audubon Ron said...

I'd love to fly one of those things.

moneythoughts said...

What great pictures, and what a beautiful airplane. It is fun to watch others fly these babies, but for me, when I fly, I like the feeling of being inside a jet. :)

Tara R. said...

I can imagine flying in her was simply magnificent.

Emily/Randomability said...

Awwww... Thank you, Lou!

Ree said...

I jumped out of one not much bigger than that. ;-)

Beautiful photos, as always.

Loraine said...

VERY cool! I wanna fly!

Unknown said...

Nan: As long as he brings the Rum, that's okay.

Audubon Ron: Me, too.

Moneythoughts: Low and slow is the best way to fly, unless, of course, you ARE in a jet.

Tara R: Yes, it was.

Emily: You're welcome.

Ree: Thank you, Ree. You JUMPED????

Loraine: I know the feeling, oh, so well.

Maggie's Mind said...

Those are all such great shots, and that plane is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Did you get to ride in it?????

Holly said...

What a fun airplane! Nice shots. Why can't all airplanes be pretty to look at?

Momisodes said...

She is quite pretty.

My hubby has always wanted to fly one of those.

Kim said...

Beautiful. I cannot imagine the thrill of that ride..