/**/
5/31/2008

Cleaning Brushes, etc.

If you don't know this about me, I LOVE weekends. The longer the better. Weekends mean I don't have to get up at 5 am. What's even better, I let the alarm go off at 5 and take delicious relish in being able to shut it off and go back to sleep. And THAT sleep, however long it lasts, is the BEST sleep ever.

The only thing that a weekend brings that I DON'T enjoy is yardwork. I know there are people in the world who LIKE yardwork. They garden. And grow ... stuff. To me, yardwork is punishment for owning a house.

If you haven't guessed by now, we did yardwork today. Alex (#2 son, married, no kids, doesn't live with us) came over to the house after meeting Annie and I for breakfast and spent some time with us. And (and I'm really in shock here, over this) actually HELPED with the yardwork. And so did Zach. Who is home for the summer (You'll remember him from yesterday?). I've given him an area of the grounds around the house that will be his personal responsiblity. We'll see how he handles it.

And then I cleaned brushes. Strangely, I think I enjoyed cleaning my brushes, in preparation for the coming class this Wednesday, almost as much as I enjoyed the things I did to make them cleanable. When I get done with this post, I'm going to tone a couple of new 9x12 canvases, just to have them ready if the urge strikes me. We all know how I am about urges. Tomorrow, I am going to go to Micheals (the arts & crafts store) and look for a frame for my new still life. I have a coupon for 25% off the whole purchase, sale items included. So, I'll pick up some new canvas and at least one frame. I hope.

And thanks to all of you who said such supportive and sympathetic stuff regarding yesterday's post. We will figure this out. You help. You really do.

5 comments:

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I'm with you, Lou. Yard work IS punishment for owning a house.

This is why I bought a townhouse. Six weeks before I started dating Ed.

We live in his house. Ugh.

He does the yard work. I mow the law occasionally, but that's about it.

Elizabeth said...

I have loads of plans for my yard. And then I hand them off to Jim and ask him to do it all.

Kidding.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Momisodes said...

I have never been a fan of yard work. Hubby seems to think he LOVES it, but never seems to do it.

So glad you all at least made it a family affair today :)

Anonymous said...

I used to really enjoy yardwork, and could maintain a good sized garden and lawn. I even raked the clippings to use as mulch in the gardens. Worked a treat.
Where I live now, there is a service that does summer maintenance and winter snow removal.
Which is just as well because I've been coding for three days straight. Obsessively. And my blog is back.

Unknown said...

I love the part that comes AFTER the long days of yard work: a cold adult beverage in one hand, laying in the hammock letting my back rest, admiring what a friggin' rock star I am in the yard!

In 5 years Hubby had better be making enough money to PAY somebody else to do the work, so all I have to do is sit back and admire him....I mean IT. I just want to admire IT.

I wish I had a passion for anything like you have for your art. SOMEDAY I tell myself. Someday!