/**/
4/03/2008

Hidden, a 100 Word Challenge

How do I explore the word 'hidden'? I ask myself, "What things are hidden?" Treasure. Treasure is hidden, else it is wealth. Motives. Motives are hidden lest we give up advantage. Truth. Truth lies hidden because to tell the truth exposes us to the judgment of others. Meaning. Meaning is obscured for the same reason, for to understand the meaning is to know the truth. Love. Love lies within, in our most secret places, wrapped in layers of obscured meaning, colored truths and camouflaged motives because love is the greatest treasure we own. When we spend it, we are exposed.

The above is in response to the '100 Word Challenge' authored by Velvet Verbosity.

The new art class started last night. I have started the underpainting. I will post a picture tonight, both here and in New At Art.

I still struggle to get over this cold I caught on the way to England. I get a little better each day. There is so much I have to catch up on - I have to get to Blick's to pick up an item I purchased, I have to go to the 'phone store' to replace this crappy cell phone we just bought and I absolutely HAVE TO sort my pictures from England and start getting them ready to post up here. And, of course, there's all of the stuff at work that piled up while I was gone. Other than that, things are fine, just fine. I am so glad to be home. Among friends. Like you.

14 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I enjoyed your 100 word challenge! Very well thought out, that was. :)

I'm thoroughly looking forward to the posting of your vacation pictures!

Casdok said...

Lovley 100 Word Challenge.

Hope your cold improves soon. Cant wait to see what other English delights you photographed!!

Momisodes said...

I look forward your 100 word posts every week :)

"colored truths and camouflaged motives because love is the greatest treasure we own."- So beautifully said :) You have some serious skills man!

Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

elizabeth: In all honesty, when I started working on it, I had nothing. It just came.

Casdok: Thank you. I will publish more photos tonight.

Sandy: Thank you. I used to write poetry - but always from 'inspiration'. I needed some strong stimulus to drive my work. This was of a similar feel - but the ending caught me by surprise.

Julie said...

Wow, on the 100 word challenge.

And sorry about the cold. I am still a mucus monster, after getting sick while in Italy...But since I had no energy to do anything, I had some time to sort and fix my photos from Italy.

Unknown said...

Definitely not lame in any way, very poignant and to the heart.
Excellent post.
Mine is up for the week.

Unknown said...

Julie: Thank you. It's getting better. But my voice is still deep and I can do my Tony the Tiger imitation.

Sassy Mama Bear: Thank you mama. Yours is so cool. 100 word poem. Those things make Velvet nuts.

OHmommy said...

Wow... you have some talent.

Can't wait to see vaca pictures. Hope you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

you're calling this one "half-assed"? I love this one! You're awesome, thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

yes, home is where the heart is, unfortunately, it's also where the bills are

Unknown said...

ohmommy: Thank you. It's clearing up - slowly.

Velvet Verbosity: Thank YOU for dreaming this one up! I love it.

Warriorwoman: Yes. Where the heart is, where the bills are and Where my Annie is.

Maddy said...

Would you care to swap 'to do' lists!
Cheers

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

We're glad to have you back!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are better soon!