/**/
One down and Goddess knows how many more to go. This one is in a frame now. Funny, though. It looks different, framed. It feels different. As good as I can make it but not as good as I would like it to be. Kind of like a kid, in a way.

I wonder if this feeling is akin to 'buyer's remorse'.

So now I am to move on to something completely different. A new painting. A different painting. And it must be different. It must be better. If it doesn't turn out better then I haven't learned anything and I guess I will just have to study harder. Learn more. Practice more. Which I suppose I'm going to do anyway. No matter how this next piece turns out. Because I do want to be good at this. I really do.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Can an artist every truly be satisfied with his work?? Do you think Michelangelo looked up at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel when he was done and said, "Dude...looks awesome!"

Well, maybe he did. But I'll bet he pointed out a mistake or two. ;)

Your next work will be great! Have you come up with a concept yet?

Unknown said...

Elizabeth: Thanks. And yes, I have. Look here.

Elizabeth said...

I'm looking forward to seeing that painting come to life! When I looked at that picture I suddenly thought that the little boat desperately wanted to get over the wall and into the "big water". :)

Momisodes said...

I agree..it does look different. But different in a good way.

I know next one will be different. You've already learned from this last one....I can't wait to see the progress :)

Anonymous said...

I think it looks even better framed!

And I also think that you are too hard on yourself.

No clue, why you guys can't see my last picture :(