/**/
2/13/2013

Slightly Wordy Wednesday


I watched the State of the Union address last night.  As much as I like and admire President Obama, I found his speech to be shallow and unmotivating.

He did not move me.

He did not sway me.

He did not motivate me to action.

He did, however, finally put out an idea regarding immigration reform that sounds good and makes sense - let's see what Congress does with their challenge to pass meaningful reform.

He called for passage of the ERA - and it's about time.

The Paycheck Fairness Act is about time.

And raising the Minimum Wage is just good sense.

Ndinombethe.


1 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

I plan to watch the speech online, but I think that this term is going to be a "roll up the sleeves" kind of thing and perhaps that is why he was not inspiring. Hard work is always hard work, and to get through the partisanship that exists today, it is going to take elbow grease and getting dirty...

Hard to inspire people to do all that...