/**/
8/30/2010

Monday Meanders 8-30

Just one day left in August and now, finally, FINALLY, the grass is starting to brown up. Which means I don't have to mow it. YAY!

Grannie is still in the hospital. You see, she had surgery to fuse three disks in her cervical spine. Apparently (the Surgeon stopped by yesterday and told us this - not BEFORE the surgery, but AFTER) it's common for a patient having this surgery to have problems swallowing FOR UP TO A YEAR following surgery. So she hasn't been able to swallow and food and keep it down. Until yesterday. When I went to see her in the afternoon, she told me she'd been able to eat some soup. She was really happy about that - because they aren't going to let her go home until she can swallow food. So I went down to the cafeteria and bought a cup of coffee, took upstairs to her room and gave some to Grannie. She drank it and kept it down!!! One step closer to coming home.

Yesterday, I published the latest episode of 'Sarah' at 4 in the afternoon. REALLY late. You see, I went to the Bear's game Saturday night. I KNEW I was going to the Bear's game, but I thought I'd get home late Saturday night, sit down and write the piece and publish right away, probably sometime after midnight, but still reasonable. BUT. In a remarkable display of lack of self control, I had way too much beer at the game and came home nowhere NEAR sober enough to sit down and write my name, much less a whole episode of 'Sarah'. And then, of course, there was stuff to do, today, not the least of which is referenced in the paragraph above. So it was late. But it was a lot of fun to write.

As we all get ready for the upcoming Labor Day weekend, may I say,

Have a good week, and please be safe.
Enjoy the weekend.
Don't drink and drive.


Ndinombethe.

8 comments:

Jientje said...

Way to go Grannie, keep up the good work!

Sage Ravenwood said...

Here's to hoping Grannie can swallow food soon and return home. (Hugs)Indigo

Joyce-Anne said...

Go Grannie! I hope she continues to make progress.

PattiKen said...

Oh, poor grannie. if it's not one thing... I'm glad she's moving in the right direction with swallowing. I hope she will be able to eat some food soon. I know she must be anxious to get home after all this.

Loraine said...

Sounds like you needed the break. I hope Granny gets hers soon.

HalfAsstic.com said...

Yea! Good for Grannie! Hopefully she'll be home and eating you out of house and home in no time!

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Yay for brown grass and yay for Grannie!

Holly said...

Da bears!

I'm sorry to hear Grannie is in the hospital, but it's good to know she is closer to coming home. Hurray for soup.

Why do you want your grass to be brown...?