/**/
11/09/2009

Monday Meanders 11-9

The Bears lost yesterday - and they really looked bad doing it, too. It just goes to show you - sometimes the 'quick fix' does more harm than good. All this focus on "Quarterback" has taken away from other areas of need - and now we have no first or second round picks in the upcoming draft. I see long long downward spiral that will take a couple of years to make right.

I played Xbox over the weekend - Forza 3, a car racing game - at #2 Son's house. I hope Santa Claus saw all that and notes that I've been a good boy - and deserving.

It was a lovely and warm weekend in Chicagoland - marred by the Bears loss and Grannie isn't pleased with the way Tiger played golf over there in China, either. But both were great days to be outdoors - I'm sure there are few days left like those between now and the start of Winter.

Jientje arrives this coming Saturday morning. She's had such a good time everywhere else she's been - I hope I can make her stay here in Chicago as good as the other places she's been.

Ndinombethe.

11 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend :)
And I hope Santa sees your wishlist ;)

I am sure, more than sure, that you will make Jientje's stay a memorable one indeed :D

moneythoughts said...

Yes, the weather was really nice for November. Bengals and UC won. What are your plans for out of towners to get together with Jientje? I may like to drive up for a day.

witchypoo said...

I know she will have a wonderful time in Chicago! Too bad Ree is on jury duty.

Heather said...

I thought of you ALL weekend while I was in Chitown-- I was so close, I could have reached out & touched you, but I was with family, and there was no time for a big Lou hug :( And yes, the BEARS had me SCREAMING all day! What was THAT?!

xo

Joyce-Anne said...

I know Jientje will have a nice and enjoyable visit with you. Too bad about the Bears. But, at least the weather was nice.

Audubon Ron said...

The Saints won!!

Unknown said...

Nicole: And I've been a good boy, too.

Moneythoughts: I've sent you an email.

Witchypoo: Yes, it is.

Heather: You were here????? And you didn't let me know????? I'm crushed.

Joyce-Anne: Yes - the weather was great.

Audubon Ron: I don't want to hear about it.

Jientje said...

Ah well, turns out we were all there hmmm.. ???

CaraBee said...

We had an equally bad football/good weather weekend here in Baltimore. It's hard to be too angry when it is so gorgeous outside, but we did our best. Stupid Ravens.

Perplexio said...

It was a really nice weekend here, wasn't it? Too bad about the Bears loss. Having lived in Ohio briefly before moving to Chicago I'm more of a Cleveland Browns fan (1-7 this season thus far. I was fully expecting to have them figure out a way to lose a game on their bye week this past weekend given how bad they've been playing). The Bears are at least 4-4 now. They've still got a chance to turn things around this season.

In contrast, Eric Mangini has traded away 2 former first round draft picks from the Cleveland Browns. Between those trades and other moves they've made, they now have about 11 picks in the next draft. I'm hoping for whatever scenario gets Mangini fired the fastest so the Browns can (once again) try to lure Bill Cowher out of retirement (or possibly even Mike Shanahan, if Cowher still says no).

Momisodes said...

I am so jealous you're going to meet Jientje! She's been a part of my blogging life from the beginning, much like you have. Please give her an extra warm hug for me, as I know your hugs are awesome :)