/**/
1/22/2015

100 Word Challenge - Feasting



What follows is offered in response to Velvet Verbosity's 100 Word Challenge. The challenge, this week, is "Feasting".

100 Word Challenge
I'm hungry, Mom.  My stomach hurts.

Quite, Alex.  We'll stop soon.  We'll get you something to eat.

I hope so.  I could eat a horse.  Can we stop at a Wendy's?

Wendy's?  Sure, if we can find one.  They're not as common as something like McDonalds.  And we can't stay too long, okay?  If your father catches up to us, there won't be any feasting on hamburgers.  There won't be any feasting on anything.

I still don't understand, Mom.  Why did we leave?

Why?  Because I can't stay any longer.  Because if I stay, he is going to kill me.




4 comments:

Velvet Verbosity said...

Yipes! Poor kid just wants a hamburger and mom's just trying to keep them alive!

Tara R. said...

So sad, and sadly too real.

Ashley Kagaoan said...

Nice surprise twist at the end.

barbara said...

My job in 100 words. Great job, Lou.