/**/
10/13/2014

Monday Meanders



The Bears won yesterday - they're now 3 and 3 on the season.  For once they actually had an Offense that didn't collapse in the second half of the game.  And the Defense was adequate throughout.  Atalanta had a total of 151 points scored in their first 5 games - that's 30 points and change a game on average.  The Bears' Defense held them to 13 points for the game.

Saturday I attended the ceremony renewing the Marriage Vows of my friends Katy and Gabe.  It was a lovely outdoor ceremony and the weather was perfect.  Well, a little tiny bit cool, maybe, but the sun was out and if you managed to stay in the sun, you were warm. There were many friends in attendance - I felt grateful and honored to be included in their number.

The house is slowly rounding into shape.  Re-arranging the house is turning out to be a chore, as Grannie had a LOT of stuff and it's hard parsing it out to friends and relatives so that her stuff goes to people who can and will use it and remember where it came from.  Who it came from.  And honor her memory.  It goes slow, but it goes.

I may have overbought Halloween Candy.  I'm just sayin'.

I bought (for 50 bucks) a dashcam for my car.  It's cool.  It doesn't really do anything, but if the Chicagoland area ever gets struck by a meteorite, I'm ready.  Oh.  And I'll have documentary proof it wasn't my fault, Officer.

And.  Last but not least.  The Blackhawks are 2 and 0 on the season.  The 82 win year is still a possibilty.  Fingers crossed.

Ndinombethe.  Ubuntu.



2 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

...Jay Cutler looks good when he has time..!

Be well, friend..!

Maggie Moo said...

Last night I used some of the needles and yarn you so graciously sent me, and it was like Granny was helping me right along. Truthfully, I cast on right away (usually takes me at least 5 times!) and I knitted a few rows without any effort at all. :) Made me smile...