/**/
7/02/2014

Slightly Wordy Wednesday


Tornado!!

In Plainfield Monday night.  For those who DON'T know, I live in Plainfield.

Again, me and mine were spared.  Our home and property were spared.  Of course, last Saturday we weren't so lucky - the heavy winds blew down our big old weeping willow.  Into my neighbor's yard.  But last Saturday, there were NO tornadoes.

Plainfield last saw a tornado in August of 1990.  We had been living here for something like 10 months.  Me and mine were safe, although LM(Love Muffin) kind of looked like I used a 2 by 4 on her, for a while.  She got caught out in it - in her car.  Which the tornado totaled.  Her passion for seatbelts saved her and those in the car with her.

But, again, we had tornado activity here in Plainfield.  I'm starting to feel a little paranoid.

I may have to save up some shekels and buy one of those big ass generators at Harbor Freight.  (P.S. I LOVE Harbor Freight) I will NOT be caught up short during a power outage.  I need to keep my refrigerator, freezer, well pump, and house fan going.  My Mom lives in this house and she will be 88 years old in two weeks - I like to think I can keep her surroundings stable.  A generator will help do that.  So I'm going to get my hands on one - hopefully before the next tornado/windstorm/ice storm/transformer explosion/down power line hits and knocks out the power.

Besides, in need my cable access Internet.

Ndinombethe.  Ubuntu.

4 comments:

Shadow said...

Oh how horrible. And thank goodness LM (may I use that?) is okay. Tornado's frighten me terribly.

Tara R. said...

As bad as they can get, I'll take a hurricane over tornado any day. At least with hurricanes you know for days when they are headed your way. Tornado are sneaky wenches.

Myst_72 said...

Scary stuff. Glad you are ok x

Big Mark 243 said...

...glad you made it through okay... and that is a great idea about the generator..!