/**/
3/20/2014

100 Word Challenge - Illness



What follows is offered in response to Velvet Verbosity's 100 Word Challenge. The challenge, this week, is "Illness".

100 Word Challenge 

What strange malady, this?  I am, in all instances, normal and healthy and strong.  And yet ...

When this woman is near, my nerve abandons me: my limbs shake, my body begins to perspire, my mind is clouded.  I am reduced to a quivering, unthinking mass.

What strange witchery is it this woman practices?  How is it she casts this spell over me?

It is not like we have ever met.  We have not.  I see her but from a distance.  And yet ...

In my mind I know her touch, her feel, the taste of her lips.  What illness is this?


Ndinombethe, ubuntu.





1 comments:

Tara R. said...

It sounds serious. Alas, I think there may be no cure.