/**/
2/27/2014

100 Word Challenge - Lunch



What follows is offered in response to Velvet Verbosity's 100 Word Challenge. The challenge, this week, is "Lunch".

100 Word Challenge 


The table was carefully set.  The small dining room was flooded with the scent of good food, most of which sat in the middle of the table, waiting.

In the kitchen, they were arguing.

"You can't keep this up, Jimmy", his Dad said worriedly.  "You haven't had anything to eat since lunch, yesterday."

"Just leave me alone, okay?  I'll eat when I'm ready."

"She wouldn't want this, Jim.  She wants you to take care of yourself."

"I know, Dad.  I know.  I just can't eat now.  Not until this is all over.  Who thought Rehearsal Dinners would be so hard?"


Ndinombethe, ubuntu.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this is the worst case of 'cold feet' I've ever seen!
Cute --- or sad. Depending on how you look at it.

Rajlakshmi said...

ahh the rehearsal dinners.. always take time :)

Tara R. said...

I can still remember the nerves I had then.

Big Mark 243 said...

...that is why Jimmy should have eloped..!