/**/
12/11/2012

Sometimes ... there's an urge


Yesterday I had an urge to "say" something on Facebook.  And I did.  I said this:

Human beings are happiest when they are busy and productive. Given that kids are human beings (Yes. They are. I know it doesn't seem like it, at times, but they are - they're grownups in training.) that dictum applies to them, as well. Help your kid find a passion, something he/she REALLY likes, and encourage them to pursue that passion. And when it comes time to change their mind (and they will) encourage them then, too. Offer guidance, not obstacles.

The motivation for this lies in this thing I have about "Drifting".  I think there are two ways to live your life - to let it happen ~or~ to make it happen.  Letting it happen (drifting) may, or may not, lead you to a successful and satisfying existence.  Making it happen, pursuing a goal, no matter what that goal is, will lead to a happy, successful existence, because you will have pursued the life and lifestyle you want and love - and there is no better description of success I know of.

I suppose that means "You can be anything you want to be".  How many times have we heard that?  It's just that no one seems to understand that it means "when you find your dream, if you focus on and chase that dream, you can HAVE that dream".  It will take work, focus, drive and ambition.  It will keep you busy.  It will make you happy.  And you will be a success.

Ndinombethe.

0 comments: