/**/
6/14/2012

The Second Season


When I was younger, so much younger than today  .. oh, wait.  I think that's a song. 

Anyway.

When I WAS younger, the TV first run season ended about April.  May was sweeps month when all the Specials were rolled out and ratings during that time were used to set advertising rates for the following Fall first run season.

That's the way it used to be.  When I was young ...

Now?  Now the cable guys (they're all named Larry) have jumped into the fray with The Second Season of first run programming - on networks like TNT, USA and FX.

Suddenly, the Specials are gone from the 'broadcast' networks - because the audience has left the building - just like Elvis.

And I'm right there with 'em.  Busy and distracted as i am, i WILL make a hole in the schedule for my favorite show on USA - "Suits".  I love a show full of sneaky lawyer tricks - and this one has 'em in spades.

Spades, I tell ya!!

Ndinombethe.

3 comments:

Bama Cheryl said...

I kinda like the overlapping seasons - that way there's not such a dearth of entertaining and new things to watch after a hard day in the sun....

Tara R. said...

I'm confused by the new show schedules... 2 or 3 seasons year?

I like Suits too. Harvey is a good mix of cutthroat and good-guy.

PattiKen said...

I really like some of the USA and TNT shows. I agree about Suits. I also like White Collar.