/**/
6/28/2012

A bucket and a blanket


Do you know how I can tell we're in the middle of a drought?

I can see the septic system in the back yard.  I have alternating strips of green and brown in the grass - green where the water flows out from the tank, brown where it does not.  It's only the second time in more than 20 years in this house that I can see the septic system's pattern in the grass.

At least I don't have to mow the lawn.

There's talk, now, that some neighbors are going to stand watch in their yards with a bucket of water and a blanket nearby - we all have neighbors who will be dumb enough to shoot off fireworks this coming Tuesday night - no one wants their house burnt to the ground.

Be safe, y'all.

Ndinombethe.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, man...the idea of fireworks this next week seems like a really really bad one.

The grass around our new trees is green, everywhere else it's rapidly turning brown. This was NOT a good spring to plant seven trees, but so far they seem to be surviving, fingers crossed...

Big Mark 243 said...

You be safe yourself Big Lou. Watch out riding at dusk on your bike and jerkwad kids trying to take aim at you. Not that it has happened to anyone that I know, but it goes through my mind!!

Anonymous said...

I feel this sentiment. And all of our firefighters are off trying to save the forests since the whole damn state appears to be on fire the week before the 4th.