/**/
2/18/2011

Haiku Friday - Legislation




Please note - there is a page with guidelines for Haiku Friday. The link is on top of the right sidebar of this page.

Haiku Friday

Legislation

In the Middle East
The people yearn to be free
but governments kill.

Here at home, the States,
all we ask is honesty,
all we get are thieves.

I suppose it's good,
our government doesn't kill.
All it does is steal.

But what difference,
if the quality of life
is stolen, from death?

We live on knife edge,
the whim, fancy, of gamblers
pushes us over.

It's time to stop this,
Legislate against Wall St.
Or they will own us.


Ndinombethe.




The Linky Thing is absent at this point. Please leave links to your Haiku in comments.

2 comments:

Grandmother Mary said...

Our government doesn't kill? Unless you count Iraq and Afganistan.

Tara R. said...

I have jumped into the fray - my entry is here: Fog

We are living in a precarious time, and I fear for my children's future.