/**/
1/13/2011

The Hurrieder I Go, The Behinder I Get



Let's see now ....

The Income Tax in Illinois is going from 3% to 5%. That's a 66.66% increase in State Income Tax.

The premiums went up on group life and health insurance at the office. The Co-Pays are up by 33.33%, and there is a substantial deductible that didn't exist before. The Co-Pays for drugs have, essentially, doubled.

The price of gas is now over $3.00 - and according to 'experts', headed for $5.00 plus by the end of the year. I drive 86 miles a day going to work and back, at about 25 miles per gallon.

Last April, there was a 10% pay cut across the board - that after a January in which there were no pay raises.

And there are student loans. There are car repairs. There's this, that and the other thing - you know what I mean. You're paying the same bills we are.

It's supposed to get easier as you go along. Lately? Not so much.


Ndinombethe.

7 comments:

Shadow said...

lou, when you find that 'easier' road, lemme know. i think we'll all be strangled slowly by the powers that be...

Nan Sheppard said...

Will the higher tax and premiums mean better services and health care? I hope so. Medical expenses are so scary. Our taxes are crazy (VAT just went up to 20%!!!) but we don't have to worry about medical.

WV is 'chalists': lists of home-made witches' brews, used instead of expensive pharmaceutical medication.

Melisa Wells said...

It's disgusting. And though they're saying the tax increase is "temporary", we know how that goes.

Mrs F with 4 said...

Welcome to my world... where the combined federal and provincial tax on goods and services just went up to 15.5%, and our income tax is now 53%. No, I did not miss out a decimal point!

Sage Ravenwood said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara R. said...

I keep trying to tell my husband that we need to sell off everything and a commune somewhere. Are there still communes 'out there?'

Nevine Sultan said...

Easier? Hell, no! I can't imagine filling up my gas tank for $75 again. I remember doing that a couple of years back, and it made me want to stop driving forever!

Nevine