/**/
12/20/2010

Monday Meanders 12-20



The Bears play tonight. New England beat Green Bay, yesterday, so the Bears are given a chance, here, to put a little distance between themselves and the team closest to them in the standings - The Green Bay Packers.
this is especially important because the last game of the season - two weeks hence - is between Green Bay and the Bears. It would be nice to go into that game with a two game cushion; not just the one game they enjoy now. It would be nice.

I'm on vacation this week. I have made NO PLANS to do anything, get anything done, or go anywhere. I am going to veg. Whatever happens - happens. It feels just a bit weird.

All presents have been bought and accounted for. The plans are made for our Christmas celebrations. All I have to do is go with the flow. (and hope that my family hasn't forgotten their training - you don't get Dad anything SOFT for Christmas. TOYS ONLY.)

The thing I can't do during this holiday period, is to allow myself to overindulge with food. If I can get through this without putting on more than a couple of pounds, it will give me a headstart toward my target weight for this time next year.

I'm looking forward to the end of this week. I love those rare moments when we are all together - me, Annie, and our three sons. Moments too rare, anymore.

I'm also, now, looking forward to a trip Annie and I are taking to Florida at the end of February. We are going to spend a week with friends in West Palm Beach at a time of year one would always willingly trade Chicago for almost ANYWHERE warm. To do so with friends and friendly people makes it doubly attractive.

Ndinombethe.

4 comments:

Tara R. said...

I truly hope you can relax during your vacation... no worries, no plans, just enjoy!

Best wishes to you and yours for a Merry and Blessed Christmas.

PattiKen said...

Meandering comments:

Go Patriots! (OK, that was purely knee-jerk. I'm not much of a football fan.)

I hope you take full advantage of this wonderful week of nothing to do but enjoy the holiday with your family. No to-do list is a great way to celebrate it.

Explain about nothing "soft" for Dad.

Oh, and those friends who will be enjoying your company in February are very lucky people. ;-)

xoxox

Joyce-Anne said...

I was wondering what you meant by no "soft" gifts too. However, if I were to guess, I'd say shirts, socks, etc. Am I correct?

Enjoy your week off!

Expat No. 3699 said...

I noticed how you said, "...trade Chicago for 'almost' ANYWHERE warm."

India is warm, but I'm pretty sure most people would rather endure winter in Chicago.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday season!