/**/
8/03/2010

Two years ago ...

This post is from two years ago today. The references in this post remind me that I've been working on what has become my 'book' for over two years now. I think it may be time to get this thing done. And it reminds me how little things have changed - I still starve for the time to do the things I REALLY want to do.

I like honey dew. I don't particularly care for "honey, do ..." But, that's life, I guess. I'm getting to the point where the things I WANT to do (paint, write, paint some more, take pictures, paint) are becoming more attractive to me than the work I LOVE to do. I DO love my job. So much, it isn't even work. But it's becoming something that consumes more time than I feel willing to give it. Or rather, the things I want to do in addition to work are not getting the time I would like them to have. What to do, what to do, what to do, do, do?

It's the pain drugs. It's got to be.

Those readers who commented yesterday seem to support the idea of keeping The Kid's story going. I have a general idea of what I want to do, but nothing firmly fixed in my mind, yet. One day a week, Thursday, I think, maybe, I'll publish an episode from his life. I'll try to make each story as stand alone as possible, but given that everybody already knows how his story is going to end, I don't suppose there's really going to be a lot of suspense building from week to week.

So, if things go according to plan, you'll be reading "Two Years Earlier" this coming Thursday. We'll see what happens.

Hah! Some of you know.

Ndinombethe.

2 comments:

Jientje said...

Two years already? Time flies!

HalfAsstic.com said...

You know, you're right! When I sit and think about where I was with my life two years ago, with the exception of one huge difference, everything is the pretty much the same. Free time/time constraints-wise, anyway.