/**/
5/03/2010

Monday Meanders 5-3

Two weeks til ACEN. I can't wait - and once again, the printed word doesn't quite express the dry wit that remark is supposed to invoke. I still don't know why I'm doing this. Maybe I'm supposed to be there as chaperon.

#2 Son's birthday weekend didn't quite go off as planned, but Saturday night, watching Avatar on his HUGE HD TV was special. I hadn't seen the movie, and watching it with him, and Bitsy and #3 Son and #1 Son was as good as it gets.

For all you baseball fans - the Cubs are finally starting to come to life. They're 13 and 13 now, after what was, essentially, a slow April. Soriano, Byrd, Fukudome and Theriot are on a tear, and the starting pitching remains solid. Go Cubs.

The Blackhawks took one on the chin, Saturday. They will come back, though.

It's back to work today, boys and girls. Happy Monday. Except, of course, for you work-seven-days-a-week SAHMs and all you lucky retired folks. For you guys - it's just monday. It doesn't even deserve a capital letter.

Ndinombethe.

10 comments:

Jientje said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! Happy Monday to you too!

Big Mark 243 said...

LOL @ Monday not deserving a capital letter for all the retirees!

I haven't seen Avatar... not in a rush to see it either but I have wondered if it is truly as great a visual experience as it is claimed to be.

moneythoughts said...

Those of us retired deserve a capital "M", but let's make it for Moneythoughts. : )

Maggie Moo said...

I laughed at the fact that it doesn't get a "M" too...

I'm sorry the birthday didn't go off as planned, but glad that it came back around. Happy Monday!

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

I would normally reply that :cough:CUBSSUCK:cough: but my beloved Brew Crew have been poohing the screwch something fierce lately.

Instead, I'll say "Happy Monday". Equally as poopy, I know. :-)

Unknown said...

I love that you could watch that with your whole family. It made me feel happy : )

I hope your Monday was fantastic!

Joyce-Anne said...

Is it Monday? Oh yeah, it is. Another crazy busy week is here. I don't think I'd have it any other way.

Cynthia said...

It's Monday, and I'm exhausted!

I still haven't seen Avatar, but I really want to:)

Heather said...

It sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. And GO CUBBIES! I will always love them. I HAVE to! ;)

Coal Miner's Granddaughter said...

Sounds like you had a great time movie-watching. Ty-man was holed up in our home theater watching Avatar at least twice this weekend. I think he's hooked. :)